We take our dogs everywhere so our family holidays tend to evolve around dog friendly places. Some place are extremely accommodating and some leave a lot to be desired. Scottish Borders can be extremely pet friendly however there are few seasons to be aware of and few places to stay away at various times of the year (e.g. shooting season, lambing season, access restriction due to bird breeding etc). Please do get in touch if you have any questions.
- Rolling hills
- 30min away from Kirk Yetholm
- Pet friendliness 3*
- never overcrowded and walks duration can vary
- The hills are interlaced with cattle and sheep so you will have to put your dog on the lead at various stages of the walk (unless you are lucky and your dog does not chase any domestic animals)
- Beautiful sandy beach
- 35min away
- pet friendliness 5*
- Never overcrowded
- If you happen to have dogs who are not too keen on other dogs then this is the beach for you. With the tide out it is vast and you can very easily avoid meeting people oor other dogs.
Gordon Community Woods
- Just perfect 3-5km woodland walk
- 5min away
- Pet friendliness 5*
- Popular with dog walkers
- This a lovely walk with numerous paths that either lead through trees, heather or wind themselves alongside a stream. No hills but can get muddy.